Four years ago, it was just a simple weekend. But now it starts a week ago and If done right, this final push can get your bottom-line goals across the finish line for the year.
Retailers are looking more towards online sales than brick-and-mortar. Holiday shoppers also flock to online marketplaces for Cyber Monday to find some of the best deals of the year in addition to Black Friday.
Sales and Marketing departments think that having the right product/campaign offers with highly competitive discounts is enough to get the most from BFCM (Black Friday & Cyber Monday). Of course it is a great achievement to attract audiences and get good sales results. However there is a missing part behind the curtains: Order fulfillment!
It is a nice but a big problem if you have made a record-breaking amount of sales and haven’t prepared for this! Here is what you should do:
- Speed up fulfillment – Create pick lists, packing slips, and shipping labels in bulk.
- Check with Partners – Ask suppliers if they might support you during this period with direct fulfillment to the customer from their own stock.
- Be transparent – Informing your clients about expected delivery dates or any delays you will decrease any unsatisfaction.
- Process returns quickly – By processing return items quickly, you can prevent customer churn and improve your corporate reputation and open place for other packages.
- Be Reachable – Think email, online chat, searchable FAQ lists in order to ease customer to find you well. Think catching social media comments or praises to keep it under your control.
- Recover your stock – When the rush is finished, recover your stock levels to continue on strong through the rest of the year.
Black Friday might be over but others are just around the corner. For the next special day use your data. Take a look back at your data from years past and pay special attention to marketing channels. Replicating previous campaign messaging with higher engagement rates can be key to driving returning visitors and converting leads with less budget.
Take the time to think through your strategy, what’s worked in the past, and what is going to be best for your brand long term. Do what you can to delight your customers, but in an effective way that still creates ROI.
Automation is key! Manually managing your inventory can be a hassle on any day of the year, but will be especially stressful on BFCM.
Take a deep breath and prepare for the next special day… Check out Obase solutions.